We had a great trip to Oklahoma last month. There were five churches with a total of 101 involved in the mission trip. The stories and testimonies were a blessing to hear, knowing that lives were changed, both in the L.I.T.s and in those to whom they ministered.
The testimonies from the L.I.T.s made it clear that God was moving in our midst:
Kayden (L.I.T.) said, “I shared Christ with someone today. It is the first time I shared Christ with someone who was older than me. He was 16 years old.” Kayden sat down that day and led this older teenager to Christ. He was ready to respond to the Gospel that day.
We talked about spiritual warfare, distractions and how the enemy will try to get us off track. Tatum (L.I.T.) shared, “It was like a war today at our site. A fight broke out between a couple. We stopped and prayed, and the fight stopped, and everyone’s attention was back on the Bible study.”
Lydia (L.I.T.) shared, “We had an idea to play a game using beach balls. We prayed to God for beach balls. When we turned the corner, there were several new beach balls fully inflated sitting against the curb.” Sometimes, we are afraid to ask for small things. That doesn’t matter to kids. They know their Heavenly Father will provide.
As a result of the L.I.T.s’ ministry, there were 30 professions of faith on this trip. We had two L.I.T.s who accepted Christ during the trip as well. We are very grateful for Emmaus Baptist Church in Oklahoma City for hosting the trip this year.
New Website Is Live
We are very grateful to Tim Baker and his team at Firm Foundation. Tim and his team helped us redesign and launch our new website. The new site is very user friendly, and it is easier to find information. Let us know what you think.
L.I.T. Ministries is excited to introduce our Online Training Track. Many churches and leaders have expressed a desire to attend one of our training events, but distance, cost, or dates seem to always be a factor. Now, they will be able to train in the comfort of their home or office from pretty much any electronic device. The training track will prepare leaders to implement the L.I.T. (Leaders In Training) and Nehemiah Kids ministries in their church or organization. More Information...
L.I.T. Ministries International
Update from Cape Town, South Africa by Jaco Viljoen
The L.I.T. translation process for the L.I.T. Year One: Fall Devotional is complete. The next step is editing and then to our graphic artist for layout. Continue to pray for God’s provision for the translation and publication of the Afrikaans resources.
Update from Piedras Negras, Mexico
We are moving forward with translating the L.I.T. student materials into Spanish. Once finalized, we will be ready for the next step…launching L.I.T. in Mexico in September. Please pray for Adlin Cotto as she works to translate the materials.
L.I.T. Ministries Praises and Prayer Needs
- 32 professions of faith in Oklahoma City
- New website is up and running. PTL!!!
- Online Training Track is complete and now churches can train internationally from the internet.
- God’s continued and amazing provision for L.I.T.
- Donations for the purchase of 200 Bibles to give to children on the mission trips
- For travel mercies for those traveling to Cedar Hill on Saturday, July 15. We have 8 churches traveling in from four states to attend the Cedar Hill mission trip.
- For an outpouring of the Holy Spirit on Hillcrest Baptist Church and the community surrounding the church where we will be working
- For final confirmation of ministry sites around Hillcrest
- For the Lord to expand the ministry in the United States and internationally
- For Jaco and Johanessa, for their financial needs to be met in Cape Town, South Africa