L.I.T. in Piedras Negras, Mexico Update by Alex and Diana Aburto
L.I.T. students and staff from Vine and Branches Ministry, Piedras, Negras, Mexico, headed an hour down the road to Acuña City for a day-long mission trip. We invited 35 children from the ranching community to come to our friend’s farm for the day. The students were the missionaries sharing the Gospel, counseling those who desired to accept Christ, sharing their testimonies, leading the worship, games, and class time while their mentors looked on and encouraged them. It was so delightful to watch the L.I.T.s trust God to work through them (for some their first time on a mission trip), leading outreach or responding to the Holy Spirit guiding in this way.
Dr. Richard Ross Will Speak During our Fall Banquet
Please join us for a night of celebration on Tuesday, November 12, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Willow Park Baptist Church. Dr. Richard Ross will be our special guest. Richard has been a huge advocate for L.I.T., and we look forward to hearing his heart. The banquet will be an evening of inspiration as we celebrate 16 years of ministry. During the banquet, you will learn how you can partner with us as the Lord expands L.I.T. internationally. You must RSVP to attend. Be sure to register today.
Empowering Kids Leadership Training Is a Success
We are several weeks into launching our Empowering Kids Leadership Training with more than 80 leaders who have attended so far. We have received great feedback from leaders who are catching a vision to disciple and equip children and students in ministry. It is our prayer that these short training events will be a catalyst for our intensive two-and-a-half-day training in the spring. Here are the next Empowering Kids Leadership Training Events:
- October 17, Dallas Theological Seminary
- October 22, Pizza Ranch, Branson, Missouri
- October 29, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
To sign up for one of our upcoming events, click here.
L.I.T. Ministries Has a New Logo
As we move forward as a ministry, we decided to create a new logo that represents our vision. The heart with the cross focuses on five aspects of effectively discipling children and students in the church and at home.
- Cross: Lordship of Christ and His supremacy are central to all discipleship.
- Family: Parents are the number one spiritual influence on children. We are committed to come alongside parents to join them on their journey of raising up spiritual champions.
- Discipler/Mentor: It is our priority to develop leaders who become disciplers and mentors of children and students.
- Ministry Involvement: We know that every believing child has spiritual gifts, and through their gifts, they find God’s purpose for their lives.
- Missions: All believers, including children, have a calling to reach the world with the Good News of Christ. We are committed to provide resources to train and release children on mission.
Update from Tanzania
Paul Mamba is moving forward with our scheduled training in Tanzania. Even though we could not be there this year, Paul felt very comfortable moving forward with the training. We are excited to see how the Lord multiplies the ministry there. Paul has worked with Awana Clubs International and Global Children’s Network. He is a highly qualified trainer, and we are truly excited to release him to train there in Tanzania. We are currently finalizing our translation in Kiswahili. We will have the first year of the L.I.T. (Leaders In Training) Devotional and Leader Guide printed for the training on October 18-19. If you would like to support our effort in Tanzania, you can do so by sending your check or clicking here to make an online donation.
We Need Your Help with our Fall Banquet
We need your help to make our Fall Banquet a success. Here is how you can help:
- Table Host:A Table Host is the host at a table during the banquet. They will be responsible to fill a table of eight including themselves. During the event, they will assist with handing out information to those at their table.
- Table Sponsor:A Table Sponsor covers the cost of a table during the banquet. To sponsor a table, the cost is $250/table. If you would like to sponsor a table for the banquet, click here.
- Business Sponsor:You can become a Business Sponsor for $500. We will highlight your organization during the banquet in our banquet flyer as well as include your business information on our website as a Business Sponsor for one year. To sign up to be a Business Sponsor, click here.
- For the Lord’s continued provision
- For Paul Mamba and his work in Tanzania
- For the great results we are having with our Empowering Kids Leadership Training Events
- For God’s fresh vision for L.I.T.
- For the upcoming training in Tanzania—Please lift up Paul Mamba as he works on the details to complete the translation project and begins printing the materials.
- For David and Jonathan Nigh and Victoria Alaniz as they write and develop the new Nehemiah Kids Kindergarten materials
- For Clint May for wisdom and clarity as he meets with global Christian leaders to see how L.I.T. might partner with their organizations—Many doors have opened, and we need wisdom to understand what doors the Lord would have us walk through.
- For continued provision for the ministry