Celebrating 20 Amazing Years!
It is hard to believe, but L.I.T. started 20 years ago at Wedgwood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas. It has been an incredible journey. When I began that summer, I had envisioned a leadership ministry for preteens, and we called it L.I.T. (Leaders In Training). We saw God do great work that first summer as we moved in this direction. Little did I know that L.I.T. would begin to expand into other churches by 2006. Our mission trips also began to include other churches. This summer, we will take our 31st and 32nd mission trips. Doors have opened worldwide to leaders on how to reach and disciple children.
For the next 12 months, we will highlight some exciting stories along the way. Thank you for being a part of this fantastic journey.
Dr. Clint May, President, L.I.T. Ministries
Spanish Translation Work Moving Forward in Piedras Negras, Mexico
Praise God for Abby Castro and Aleana Aburto’s translation work for L.I.T. They worked several months on translating the new L.I.T. Leadership Training Handbook. Aleana is 17 years old, a high school senior, and a former L.I.T. with Vine and Branches Ministries. Abby serves on staff with V.B.M. We are forever grateful for their hard work and how God has gifted them. Alex and Diana Aburto will use the new handbook to train leaders in Piedras Negras.
Upcoming Training in India, March 1-2
Thank you for your prayers for God’s provision for our training event in India. We were praying for $6,000 to cover the cost of printing books to train leaders there, and the Lord provided right away! So, we are moving forward with the training. Dr. Pandu Maddala with Victory Baptist Association anticipates that there will be approximately 2,000 leaders who will attend the event. It could potentially impact thousands of children there.
First L.I.T. Apartment Outreach
Katherine Holmes was one of our first L.I.T. girls who took part in our first apartment outreach. She was one of the preteens that opened Clint’s eyes to the idea of how God could use children in ministry and in sharing the Gospel. In the picture on the top, she led the little girl she was counseling with to Christ. Katherine is an artist today and is attributed for illustrating The Gift books used on the L.I.T. Mission Trips.
Training in Nigeria by Veronica Ebie
Veronica traveled to her homeland of Nigeria. While there, she met with leaders to introduce the L.I.T. ministry model. She plans to return and do full training with the leadership. Pray for Veronica, that the Lord will give her grace and leadership as she returns to lead the next training.
- Praise for 20 years of incredible ministry.
- Praise that Vicki has completed her treatments.
- Praise for the Lord’s provision for our work in Indian.
- Praise for God’s provision to print devotionals for children in Zambia.
- Please pray for our February 8-9 conference in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina. Pray for God’s grace and travel mercies for Clint.
- Prayer for our upcoming training in India March 1-2. There is a lot of planning and preparation before the event.
- Pray for Clint as he works to complete his book. He is working on re-writing some of the chapters.
- Pray for Isaac Mphande and the Lord’s direction to expand L.I.T. in India.
- Pray for Veronica Ebie and her work in Nigeria.
- Pray for our partnership with Victory Baptist Association India and our upcoming training event March 1-2. Pray for our planning and the Lord’s wisdom as we prepare.