Overcoming Fear to Love Those Who Are Hurting
There was a shooting late one evening at one of the ministry sites during our second mission trip in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The person took the life of his girlfriend and two of her children. Her teenage son was able to escape through a bedroom window. Mike Lehew Director of Mobile Missions Network, shared with our teams that they were going out to minister to the families the next day. There was no danger because the person who did the shooting was arrested.
The leaders discussed what happened with the kids and their parents; they all wanted to go out to show God's love to this hurting family and the community's people. The love of Christ flowed through them. They were not fearful. They wanted to be there and love those people. Praise the Lord! Fear did not take over; the Christ flowed through them.
We have been working with Mobile Mission Network for over eleven years now. Mike Lehew joined us on our 2012 mission trip to Sapulpa, Oklahoma. That summer, the kids led 60 children to Christ. From that moment, Mike's heart turned to those who had been reached with a passion to disciple them and continue to minister to them. Mike is now the lead missionary of Mobile Mission Network and Church Inside Out. He shines the love of Christ through his ministry throughout Tulsa. This past summer, Church Inside Out hosted two of our mission trips. For more information about Mobile Missions Network, go to https://www.mobilemissionsnetwork.com/
Mission Trip Stats
We celebrate the Lord's faithfulness for over 21 years of local and out-of-state mission trips.
- 36 Mission Trips
- 3745 Preteens and Leaders Participated
- 1502 Professions of Faith
- 5474 Children and families reached in apartments, mobile home parks, YMCA, Boys and Girls Club, etc.
When Are You Going to Grow Up and Be a Real Minister by Dr. Clint May
When I first started in the Children's Ministry, I had a family member who was not happy with my calling. We were visiting in their home, and the question came out, "When are you going to grow up and be a real minister?" They were not happy that I was working with children in the church. They felt like it was substandard ministry. I have been blessed with over 33 years of working with thousands of children.
Well, I have found that that is where the action is. I love what George Barna said, "The battle is won or lost in the children's ministry." There is definitely a battle against our kids, and I want to be in the middle of it, fighting for them. It is time for the church to rise against spiritual attacks against children. We need to go to battle for the next generation. Look around; the enemy raises his ugly head against them, but Christ is the victor.
Please continue to pray for us as we move into the fall. A lot of great things are happening as we expand our training internationally. It is my prayer that we will have kids around the world mobilized on a mission for Christ. We have now trained over 5,000 leaders worldwide as we train to catch the Lord's vision for kids and their position in the church today. I am forever honored and grateful for your many prayers and support for L.I.T. Thank you for standing in the gap as we join arms, reach disciples, and release this next generation of world change.
Dr Clint May, President L.I.T. Ministries
Open Doors for International Ministry:
- Pray for Isaac Mphande as he returns to Ivory Coast September 29-October 2, to lead a training.
- Pray for Kyle Quarterson; he will be casting the L.I.T. vision with leaders in Brazil.
- We have been invited to India to lead training again this fall. We are praying for funding.
- For God's excellent work amongst children
- For God's continued provision for L.I.T. Ministries
- For Isaac Mphande and his leadership in Africa
- Pray for Isaac Mphande as he prepares for a second trip to Ivory Coast to extend the training there.
- Pray for us as we seek locations for the 2024 L.I.T. I-GO Mission Trips.
- Pray for the funding we need to continue our expanded training in India.
- Pray for Clint May for health issues.